Thursday, January 18, 2018

Meh

Obviously not feeling it this week. For the 200K Challenge, I should be at 7,955 words today, and as you can see I'm just shy of 5,000. This week has been occupied by my return to work after almost 3 months of medical leave, so my focus has been getting back up to speed there. I know I can make up wordcount on my days off, and I fully intend to. 

The return to work has been, well, blah. I spent last week sitting with people, watching them do the job I was doing when I went out. It gets boring, you want to DO something, not just sit and listen to others do the job. A lot had changed, policies and minor processes. Yesterday, I spent the second half of the day doing the job, and it actually wasn't as difficult to jump back in as I had feared it would be. Today was my first full day back and was not bad, either. It's actually nice to be back and not trapped in an endless cycle of home and doctor visits. The foot is almost healed, and soon I should be able to ditch this stylish therapeutic footwear they have me in. My stamina is obviously not where I would like it to be, but once I'm cleared to return to the gym that should get better. Still looking to replace the car that was stolen in the carjacking in October. Wanted to wait until I had more $$$ for a down payment and felt better so I could enjoy the test drives. I need one now, as I feel like I'm imposing having my fiancee drive me to work. It feels like I'm intruding on her life.

So, I need to bear down on my writing and find a car. Those are the two driving forces in my life right now. Well, those and being asked about my opinion on various matters for the wedding. I keep saying I have no style or fashion sense so asking me is probably not the best course of action. Still, the questions continue. Having done this once, I would be happy with the courthouse or running off to Vegas. This is her first (and hopefully only) wedding, so it's cool that she does it the way that she wants. I want her to have awesome memories of that day, so it takes what it takes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home